Tuesday, September 18, 2007

013: Intermission

Blizzard is teasing me. Formula: Enchant Bracer - Fortitude dropped during a normal Steamvaults rep-run and there was much rejoycing. I danced all the way to the bank, learned the formula and cried a loud WTH when I realised that you need a Runed Adamantite Rod to actually chant it on something. Which I don't have yet and which costs a fortune to make. So dissappointed. That's yet another Primal Might I need to farm, in addition to all the shards.

Primal Mights you say? Yes, and many of them. I'm going for replacing my Mana-Etched pieces with the Spellstrike set (
pants, hood). Together they give +38 spell hit, which is more than the set bonus of having two Mana-Ecthed pieces (+35), and needless to say they're infinitely better in all other aspects as well.

I'm getting ahead of myself though. First and foremost it needs to be said that, after much PUG suffering, I've dinged exalted with both Lower City and Cenarion Expedition. Picked up
Gavel of Unearthed Secrets (finally!) and Ashyen's Gift respectively. Plus the tabards, of course. My damage has been considerably upped and will go up even further when I get around to enchanting the new mace. At the moment it's +759 I believe, but I can't tell without logging in as the European Armory has died a firey death and refuses to update half the toons - Tieryn being one of them. If I'm right, then the +40 spelldamage enchant will land me at +799. What an annoying number.

(Speaking of annoying numbers, my rep was at 20999 out of 21000 when we'd cleared SL and stood at Murmur's feet. Of course ol' Murmur provided the last point necessary, but geez.)

I find myself inspecting other shadow priests in-game and on the armory, focusing on those whose guilds I know are progressed, to get tips on what items I should go for to up my +hit even more. I still have 5/5 in Shadow Focus because I haven't tipped the scale yet to downgrade it by one point (101 hit before you can go to 4/5), and it bugs me that my DPS could be a lot higher if I just had more hit rating. I only have 1 point in Improved Mind Blast with my build and I'm aching to move points around. Ego posted about
wishlists the other day and that's exactly what I'm running around doing. Of course most of the items are out of my reach since my guild isn't big enough to tackle 25man content yet, and won't be for some time if ever, but there's the craftables. The spellstrike which I already linked are just two of many. What I wouldn't give for Belt of Blasting, for example!

It all comes down to gold in the end. Since I'm one of those to whom it would never occur to buy gold (in the sense that I still can't wrap my head around the idea of someone else playing the game for me - what's the point in that?), I'm stuck earning it on my own. I predict a lot of primals grinding in my future, and also many trips to Netherstorm to make spellcloth. It's going to take a long, long time, but it'll be worth it in the end. In the meantime, we got stuck on Curator last week - due to losing all our imba DPSers and the new ones having just dinged 70 - so there's plenty of heroics and rep-runs to occupy myself with. And of course, the boosting/helping/shoving upwards of the 64 healadin, the 65 warlock and the 48 resto shaman. All we need now is a couple more tanks and we're rockin'.

4 comments:

Sindre said...

The pala is now 66 and im still 65, well, probably get to some grinding some day, it's just fscking impossible to get a pug to any instance now a days :-P

Mana Battery Bitch said...

Don't you mean it's easy as pie to get 4/5 and that the impossible part is to find a tank? :P

I'd tank for you if I could though, but alas, Tieryn tends to die really fast...

Sindre said...

no,i mean its mmmm pieeee...

oh, what i mean is its piece of mmmm piiiee..

uh, to get 3/5 and then you try 30 minutes
LF2M < insert instance here >, need healer and tank * 100000320403240 times

Mana Battery Bitch said...

Heh, I'll heal for you if you can find the tank, so that's 4/5 ;)